Does a day at the track seem like running a marathon?
Summer is a season of activity and track and field athletes are headed to daily practices and competition. After winter has thawed athletes are eager to spend time working out with teammates and getting ready for meets. Dreams of the 50-yard dash and the high jump are now become a reality. But all of that comes with a minor little snag– the sun.
Track and filed athletes who practice and compete outdoors are regularly exposed to the sun and are at a higher risk for skin cancer. It’s important to know the facts and adopt good sun safe habits for the early detection of skin cancer. Take regular breaks under your portable UV blocking umbrella for added sun shade protection.
Melanoma is one of the fastest growing cancers in the United States worldwide. It is the leading cause of cancer amongst young women ages 25-29. It makes no difference if you are outside for a quick workout or an all day event, the best way to protect your skin from the dangerous effects of UV radiation is to make sun protection a part of your daily routine.
It takes only one blistering sunburn, especially at a young age, to more than double a person’s chance of developing melanoma later in life. The best way to prevent skin cancer is to protect yourself from the sun:
- Cover up with clothing, wear a wide-brimmed hat, and sunglasses.
- Apply sunscreen with a sun-protective factor (SPF) of 30 or higher with both UVA and UVB protection. Reapply every two hours, even if it’s cloudy, and after track events or sweating.
- Avoid tanning beds. Exposure to tanning beds before age 30 increases a person’s risk of developing melanoma by 75%.
Let your JoeShade® portable sun shade umbrella keep you cool and protected between events at the track meet!
- Outdoor Sports such as Little League Baseball, Youth soccer, & Track Meets
- Tailgating at Football Games, Lacrosse, Car Races, and more
- Outdoor Life activities such as Camping, Fishing, and RV trips
- As a Promotional Gift for Corporate Events and Fundraisers
- Just Kickin’ Back in the Sun!
- Available in BLUE, GREEN or RED!
- Special Fabric Blocks Harmful UV Rays
- Tilt Function Allows for Protection From Multiple Angles
- Wind Vents, Broader Base and Stakes for Increased Stability
- Adjusts from 3 ft. Low to 8 ft. High for Maximum Shade
- Generous Umbrella Size Measures 60″ in Diameter